Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

What would you want to tell your younger self?

Advertisement Placeholder
So many things, but I think the profundity of wisdom from the Minbari says it best: "Faith manages."

For sure. I still admit to being a bit bad at this as an adult.
Yes, disgusting I know.
It's easy to forget.

I was never forced to do it as a kid so it never became a habit as an adult.

But eventually having to get an upper denture scared me enough to take care of the bottom ones.

But I still floss as much and that's supposed to be the most important thing to do, so they say.

Oh yeah, I have never been properly teached how to brush my teeth as well. That in combination of a lot of soda and sugar - my teeth aren't the greatest and I'll need a replacement in 10-15 years I recon.

That being said, I do hammer on great dental care for my children. I always try to do better for my own children then what I've had or am doing.

If I was able to go back and give my younger self advice, there would be so much I feel I could say but only one thing that I feel would be really relevant and would help me out much more and that would be to not rush into a relationship at a young age and be pressured to move out of my parents at that age as well. Unfortunately, I did that when I was only 16 and ended up in a really bad relationship and mentally abused for 11 years before I had the courage to speak up and get out. If I could go back to my younger self and give the advice to stay away I would.

I would tell my younger self that I get past the trauma mostly. I make it out alive and have a good life as an adult. Dear goodness my younger self was a mess some days, but the main question I had - would I be alive after 28 - and I would tell myself yes - I make it past 28. The fear I had growing up with things truly pulled me down, and while it didn't effect me socially, it effected me internally. I wouldn't change anything though - I was quite motivated, but I think just hearing some encouragement would have helped tremendously.

You one day wake up and were given the ability to go back and talk to your young self. What advice would you give to them, or say to them?
Honestly... probably not to do one damn thing different. Got a great wife (been with her coming up on 40 years)... have a decent retirement, home (and property) paid for... minimal bills and great kids... can't ultimately ask more than that.
Could I have gone to college and gotten a degree in computer sciences and (at the time) made great money? Yep.. very easily could have.. but could that have interfered with what I actually lived? Yep, most definitely... I (overall) have no complaints with my life.. .it's what was granted to me and I live it simply to the fullest I can.
All I would tell my "younger" self is that each "problem" you face will simply make you stronger in the long run.
Living in the "past" is a major exercise in stupidity.

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds