Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Info Welcome Back to Admin Junkies 2.0! (3 Viewers)

Much thanks man. Colors are indeed a huge improvement on the last theme. But the last theme was very well designed and was a very good starting point for this theme. It's funny because at first it took a bit of getting used to it. And I've browsed a new forum someone made, using our old theme and while it all looks great, it's nice to come here and see the improvement. :D If that makes sense, lol.
Yes, it absolutely makes sense. :)

Advertisement Placeholder
I was also wondering if it would be appreciated to have a World News subforum in the General Discussion? To have the freedom to discuss stories and news from all over the world. It's not a requirement for me, but I'd be happy to add it to the layout.
I don't think there will be enough activity for it to warrant a separate sub-forum, unless you combine with a Politics/Debate sub-forum.

Found another issue.

This is on my S23 Ultra. Does not occur on my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

The search icon in the visitor tabs, extends past the header. I tried it on Firefox and Chrome on Android.

Screenshot_20230221_114345_Firefox.jpg

Found another issue.

This is on my S23 Ultra. Does not occur on my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

The search icon in the visitor tabs, extends past the header. I tried it on Firefox and Chrome on Android.

View attachment 440
Yeah, that is due the light/dark icon that I added. And because there's so much icons next to each other. I'll see if Doh has a fix for that too. :)

Yeah, that is due the light/dark icon that I added. And because there's so much icons next to each other. I'll see if Doh has a fix for that too. :)

My suggestions...
Put the dark/light icon in the footer next to the style chooser.
Remove the mailing list icon and put in the account details under "Alerts"
Remove the credits icon and put in the user menu next to bookmarks.

I can do a mock-up later to see how it would look.

My suggestions...
Put the dark/light icon in the footer next to the style chooser.
Remove the mailing list icon and put in the account details under "Alerts"
Remove the credits icon and put in the user menu next to bookmarks.

I can do a mock-up later to see how it would look.
Good idea, I'll see to it tomorrow or so. For now I've disabled the newsletter icon.

I don't know about the revolving theme selection, or maybe it's just me, but having too many different style choices throws people once they get used to something. Again, maybe it's just me.
Sorry, don't get what you mean, care to elaborate further ?

Sorry for double posting, but this needs it's own post. I did a mock-up if you shorted the navigation width to 1400px, and widened the page content to 1300px. I also removed "Admin Junkies" from the logo and just left the icon (which is fantastic btw).

In my opinion this looks much better versus having the navigation all the way out to the side, but it may not suit your taste. Here is what it looks like on various screen sizes.

Ultrawide 34 inch.
Screenshot(16).png

27 inch.
Screenshot(17).png

Smaller screen
Screenshot(18).png

Thanks for the effort Matt, that does indeed look great and I’m up for doing it this way too. I’ll add it to the list but may take a couple of days to finalize.

I didn't realise this place had re-opened until I saw the new theme in the preview image for the board on FP's index page, and seeing the theme for myself live I adore it, especially the dark version. Haven't looked anywhere else yet on the board but the new theme alone was worth the wait at the front door. :p

I didn't realise this place had re-opened until I saw the new theme in the preview image for the board on FP's index page, and seeing the theme for myself live I adore it, especially the dark version. Haven't looked anywhere else yet on the board but the new theme alone was worth the wait at the front door. :p
Much thanks for the great feedback! Enjoy browsing around and feel free to let me know anything that comes to your mind :)

Much thanks for the great feedback! Enjoy browsing around and feel free to let me know anything that comes to your mind :)
The only thing I've noticed since my previous post is that on the dark theme, the link in the nav for the forum area you are currently in is almost the same colour as the background:

Forums >> Forum Headquarters >> Forum News and Announcements

The part I highlighted is what I'm referring to. I only noticed it was there because my cursor hovered over it while I was trying to figure out if there was a way anymore to just go back to the topic listing in a forum area while viewing a thread. Might have also already been mentioned by someone else so if it has then ignore me. :p

The only thing I've noticed since my previous post is that on the dark theme, the link in the nav for the forum area you are currently in is almost the same colour as the background:

Forums >> Forum Headquarters >> Forum News and Announcements

The part I highlighted is what I'm referring to. I only noticed it was there because my cursor hovered over it while I was trying to figure out if there was a way anymore to just go back to the topic listing in a forum area while viewing a thread. Might have also already been mentioned by someone else so if it has then ignore me. :p
Good eye! I'll see that it get fixed. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 16 76.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest