Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Uber Eats/Dine Dash

Credits
Let's talk about Uber Eats/Dine dash services

Do any of you use these services? I'm finally at the point where I'm trying to get away from them! The costs are ridiculous, it basically costs twice as much to get food delivered as it would to go get it. While I understand delivery fees and tip, I am bothered that restaurants upcharge their items on the menu compared to if you just go and get it yourself. My husband and I discussed deleting the apps. I'm keeping it in case of emergencies at work where I forgot my food or something.

Advertisement Placeholder
Never used them, what annoys me is places (such as KFC and McDonald's) place more importance on these than they do the customers in the store. Can be waiting ages meanwhile Mr Delivery Driver (usually 4 or 5 of them in store at once all trying to work out who they are picking up for) gets serviced first.

We use these services all the time, it isn't cheap but it's convenient when we don't feel like going out and getting our food. I do think it's ridiculous how some restaurants charge more when ordering on the Ubereats or Doordash app. My guess is, not everyone uses these services as much as they did during the pandemic so they have to make up for their losses.

I don’t blame restaurants for up charging whatsoever. DD and Uber charge roughly a 15% fee on the total price of the order. The restaurants would go out of business if they gave a 15% discount to everyone, so the same principle applies with why it needs an up charge.

I rarely, if ever, use it because of the price. Really the only time I’ll use it if I literally don’t want to leave the house for some reason. But that’s maybe like once a month, haha.

Never used them, what annoys me is places (such as KFC and McDonald's) place more importance on these than they do the customers in the store. Can be waiting ages meanwhile Mr Delivery Driver (usually 4 or 5 of them in store at once all trying to work out who they are picking up for) gets serviced first.
To be fair, maybe it’s a location thing, but when I deliver Uber eats (I do it part time) from McDonalds, I can often be waiting 20 minutes for the order.

I don’t order off any of the apps now, I phone up and get it delivered or collect as it supports the restaurants more and is cheaper as they don’t have fees taken off and usually offer free delivery.

We have Uber Eats here where I live but I will admit, I very rarely use Uber Eats unless I have a really good offer that does save me a lot of money. I have found since the pandemic and as the cost of living has got worse, they seem to have gotten worse with their fees and now, it's just not worth using them because it's cheaper to either use somewhere else or walk and get it yourself.

Neither of those services exist where I live. Uber eats exists in larger cities. We have takeaway.com and in some cities there's deliveroo...

Living where I live, there's not much we can order and get delivered to my doorstep. Usually it's pizza/Italian food. But there's also sushi. But the cost to have it delivered is too high.. Usually they ask for a minumim consumption of €25 but for 1 person that's mostly 2 or 3 meals. 😅

So I've never really used them. Also vending machines are getting real popular here with microwave dinners and such. I go to them way more than I use food delivery systems.

When we first had our baby Uber Eats was a life saver. But now we’re in more of a routine we only ever get something delivered once in a while as a treat, because it does get quite expensive.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds