Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

SEO or Promotion?

Naiwen

Renowned member
Credits
I do a bit of both personally speaking, but a lot more promotion than SEO, because SEO comes naturally with activity, don't force it.

I feel with any site building up your SEO as well as promoting your site both work together in helping your site gain more traffic and helping your site become a success. It doesn't hurt to work on both of these as much as you can as even though you will not see results straight away, those results will soon start to build up and you will notice them eventually.

I feel with any site building up your SEO as well as promoting your site both work together in helping your site gain more traffic and helping your site become a success. It doesn't hurt to work on both of these as much as you can as even though you will not see results straight away, those results will soon start to build up and you will notice them eventually.
I couldn't agree more, but I think I use personally more promotion than SEO.

I think both are pretty important, but I tend to depend on promotion more than SEO seeing as the forum network I’m on is probably considered smaller than a lot of networks and it’s hard to optimize it SEO-wise to stand out from all these social network and official forum pages dedicated to the forum network. Promotion, on the other hand, I can do on my own time and devote as much time as possible in doing so. Plus, promotion helps build backlinks for SEO.

I think both are pretty important, but I tend to depend on promotion more than SEO seeing as the forum network I’m on is probably considered smaller than a lot of networks and it’s hard to optimize it SEO-wise to stand out from all these social network and official forum pages dedicated to the forum network. Promotion, on the other hand, I can do on my own time and devote as much time as possible in doing so. Plus, promotion helps build backlinks for SEO.
Me too, I think it requires less effort than SEO in my opinion.

SEO is not name of single UNIT ....... There is not big difference between SEO and promotion according to me. If you are promoting any website by banner ads then you should optimize your landing page accordingly ... and its part of SEO.

If you are using PPC for targeted traffics then you have optimize landing page or website to attract visitors attentions more .... and its part of SEO.

Try to getting hits from different IPs, different GEO locations or any regional area ..... and its also part of SEO (Local SEO).

In short you are creating a website add meta tags, contents to website mean you start SEO ..... In case of online, SEO start from basic ....... yes, you can define them as Good SEO and Bad SEO but can not ignore SEO in any case.

SEO is not name of single UNIT ....... There is not big difference between SEO and promotion according to me. If you are promoting any website by banner ads then you should optimize your landing page accordingly ... and its part of SEO.

If you are using PPC for targeted traffics then you have optimize landing page or website to attract visitors attentions more .... and its part of SEO.

Try to getting hits from different IPs, different GEO locations or any regional area ..... and its also part of SEO (Local SEO).

In short you are creating a website add meta tags, contents to website mean you start SEO ..... In case of online, SEO start from basic ....... yes, you can define them as Good SEO and Bad SEO but can not ignore SEO in any case.
I don't think it's that important in my case if I'm not serious about my own communities.

I don't think it's that important in my case if I'm not serious about my own communities.
Why are you not serious about your own communities ? Do you see it as a time waste ? Do you think your own members take your forum serious when you don't ?

Why are you not serious about your own communities ? Do you see it as a time waste ? Do you think your own members take your forum serious when you don't ?
Because it's a hobby of mine, no necessary to take it seriously, it's just for me to have fun. If it stresses me out or doesn't take off the ground, then I delete it. Hence why I don't take mine seriously at all personally. If a hobby becomes a burden, then it's time to stop and find a new hobby or interest in life.

Because it's a hobby of mine, no necessary to take it seriously, it's just for me to have fun. If it stresses me out or doesn't take off the ground, then I delete it. Hence why I don't take mine seriously at all personally. If a hobby becomes a burden, then it's time to stop and find a new hobby or interest in life.
As it is a hobby for many of us. I just don't really see how you put in so much work all the time and just delete as you please if it doesn't work out. You'll be notorious in no time if not already for doing this and potential members will never ever register on your forums if you do the same thing all the time. Is it too much work to stick to one forum and keep working on it instead of making numerous forums ? You will get much more satisfaction if you build up a community with people you like and them liking you. Give them a reason to join your board.

As it is a hobby for many of us. I just don't really see how you put in so much work all the time and just delete as you please if it doesn't work out. You'll be notorious in no time if not already for doing this and potential members will never ever register on your forums if you do the same thing all the time. Is it too much work to stick to one forum and keep working on it instead of making numerous forums ? You will get much more satisfaction if you build up a community with people you like and them liking you. Give them a reason to join your board.
I depend on natural growth and passive promotion, not aggressive marketing. I’ve figured if people really love my content and forum niche then they will join no matter what. I personally don’t care to make forums for others to join or my overall statistics, but for me it’s like a big game online so yeah. Don’t take the internet too seriously, it’s bad for your health, and too stressful for me personally at least anyways.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor