Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

✔️ Resolved Paying for forum credits to support the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kale

Addicted member
Retired Staff
Credits
Hear me out on this idea....

I think being able to buy credits would be neat. I think it'd be another way to support the forum and help pay for costs to keep the site paid, etc. I was just thinking of the F2P model, but totally optional and a true way to support a forum to stay up. I know there's some issues with this idea, and this was a random shower thought.

I'll be real honest on how I run this forum. All funds needed for server costs, domain, licenses, add ons, etc. comes out of my own private pocket. It's a hobby for me and I like being able to provide a platform for our members to learn from and become a better webmaster. Credits for learning to become a better webmaster go to our members. I truly appreciate the feedback so far and the growth we have. As well as the lovely community we have established so far. I love being able to sign in daily to see activity and love seeing that you guys appreciate Admin Junkies. For that, I am grateful forever.

As for buying credits, I have been thinking about that before but can't see it really being a benefit so far. Other then the posting packages, there is nothing much more that our credits have value for. I'll also be honest that Staff Members and Premium Member can convert credits to a PayPal exchange, so for them the credits have more value.

We do allow donations, or premium member account purchases, but instead of putting the funds in my pocket, the funds are used to give back to the community through add ons, contests, giveaways, etc.
So yeah, as a business model, this way it might not be so interesting, but that's ok. I love giving and feel there's no need to take. But we're not a business, we're a community, so again that's ok.

That being said, I don't think being able to buy credits (as long as there is no value to put back in) will be a great asset so far. That doesn't mean it can't be done, we would just need to find something that is valuable enough. But again, thanks for the feedback, it's well appreciated.

As for buying credits, I have been thinking about that before but can't see it really being a benefit so far. Other then the posting packages, there is nothing much more that our credits have value for. I'll also be honest that Staff Members and Premium Member can convert credits to a PayPal exchange, so for them the credits have more value.
Ahh right, forgot about that. This was a random thought I was thinking of and it's a flawed suggestion.

I'll be real honest on how I run this forum. All funds needed for server costs, domain, licenses, add ons, etc. comes out of my own private pocket. It's a hobby for me and I like being able to provide a platform for our members to learn from and become a better webmaster.
Oh okay. I understand that! I usually just give benefit of the doubt when forums/sites say 'all donations pay for server costs, domain, and other means for the site'. I am thankful this forum exists and that you do this for us.

Ahh right, forgot about that. This was a random thought I was thinking of and it's a flawed suggestion.

Oh okay. I understand that! I usually just give benefit of the doubt when forums/sites say 'all donations pay for server costs, domain, and other means for the site'. I am thankful this forum exists and that you do this for us.
It's my pleasure! ❤️ Thanks for the feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest