Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🚫 Closed/Paused Media Planet Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you're off to a good start. The only thing I personally kinda dislike is the theme. It's too dark and it's missing some colorful aspects. I would personally look to purchase something more colorful and provide a light theme too. Not everyone (like me) is fond of using dark themes. :p Other than that, looks great, well done.

I was gonna say the theme as well, but also, please please add a fixed width. I can't tell you how annoying it is for the WHOLE theme to be stretched especially on an ultra wide display.

But other than that, I like your content and logo.

I've tried the light version of the theme and I do not like how the usernames look because I am using light usernames on the forum. If people don't want to join because of the color of the theme sadly it's their choice.

I will bring back the width changer.

I think with the dark theme, at least there's enough contrast between the backgrounds and the text colors, otherwise, it would be hard to read the text like on some dark themes.

I think it's kind of odd how you have a few different genre discussion forums and just don't make either most of the genre discussion topics go into the main forum or try and create a genre forum for each major genre there is. Same with the Doctor Who forum, there are a lot more popular shows than just Doctor Who, so I'm not sure why it deserves its own subforum. Just my two cents, though.

I think it's kind of odd how you have a few different genre discussion forums and just don't make either most of the genre discussion topics go into the main forum or try and create a genre forum for each major genre there is.
Hence why there's a notice in Movie Discussions :)

You may post any topic about any movie in here if it doesn't fit a genre forum here. If we get enough movie topics related to a specific genre we may bring in a new genre discussion forum.

The reason why I have only got animation, horror and musical so far is animation was requested by my partner and there was already topics about horror and musicals. :)

The only feedback I can think of is to perhaps get a theme that looks more "media" like. I do like your current theme though - but it makes me think more of a gaming theme honestly. I would recommend something that could have an assortment of things included - and this could also be met with having a banner that incorporates it more as well. Such as Media Planet (planet earth, but maybe colored differently - with a controller, a container of popcorn, and a pair of headphones somehow incorporated).

I have seen forums get a custom theme made where it was red and reminded me of a movie theater, in the end it didn't go too well. However, I think it would be cool to somehow incorporate it. Such as having headphones and the wire leads behind the forums, and then leads to a gaming controller or something. A DVD coming out of a DVD player somewhere in there. A creative theme might also be a good refresh for you.

I think your forum layout is pretty self explanatory. The only thing I would maybe change is "Sharing is caring" that wouldn't make me think it was sharing links, but I understand where you're coming from and that's just the only thing I could see that could change, but definitely does not have to.

As your forum has gotten a rebranding - I'm closing this thread. If you'd like feedback on the new Adventure Ads please feel free to create a new thread! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor