Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Karate

The Raven

Reputable member
Credits
I used to practice karate for some time (not much) and it looks okay but when it comes to practical part, I find it a bit bad. They do a lot of kata and that's not real fight, that's a muscle memory but you don't practice timing, countering, distance, nothing. Fight in the air. You will get strong kicks and punches, yes and if you fight amateurs, surely you have an advantage.

But if you go against pro fighter, you are screwed. Thoughts?

Advertisement Placeholder
When I was a teen, one of my brothers used to practice Karate and he used me to practice his punches and kicks :) (in a playful way)
I learned a little and that helped me to gain self-confidence. A couple of kids tried to bully me at school and I did stop that myself really quick. (no parent's intervention needed) So, I didn't suffer from been bullied.

Karate or any other self-defense skills are very good for kids based on my experience.

And also, there is no sports/skills that will assure you to win or to stay alive. The best option is to remove yourself from situations/places where trouble may occur.

I feel like Karate has lost a lot of its core and is one of the worst martial arts for actual fighting. It will give you an advantage over someone untrained, but it is very limited to striking and rigid stances that don't hold up well compared to more combat-focused martial arts. Then again, there is no end game martial art and they are all tools to add to your toolbag when it comes to fighting, hence why MMA fighters always focus on multiple ones.

I took karate for 10 years as a kid. I tried it in several actual fights with very limited success. It's good for not losing fights, but it kinda sucks for winning them.

If you want to win a fight, get more muscle and a long stick.

When was a ninth grader, Karate was introduced in our school. There was a weekly Karate class, however, due to lack of interest, I did not enjoy karate and later left it. However, I like watching Karate.

I can't do any physical exercise which demand more energy from me because of my health issues. If I was strong enough to practice karate, I will give it my all.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds