Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How many backlinks should a forum have?

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Building backlinks is important for SEO optimization of any forum or website in general. When it comes to the number of backlinks that is enough to start on this journey, how many backlinks do you use?

Unfortunately, there's no magic number. It depends on a whole bunch of factors like how competitive your industry is, how long your website has been around, and what kind of links you're getting. I believe DA also plays a role in this.

But as a rule of thumb, experts suggest aiming for at least 50 high-quality backlinks from reputable sites in your niche. Of course, this isn't a one-size-fits-all solution - your specific situation might require more or less.

Now, before you start scrambling to get any old link from any old site, hold up! Not all backlinks are created equal. You want to focus on getting high-quality links from trustworthy sources in your industry. Websites that has been around for a long time, building up a good and honest reputation. These links will not only help you rank higher on search engines, but also bring in targeted traffic that's actually interested in what you're offering.

So, in summary, building backlinks is a super important part of your online marketing strategy, but it's not about quantity - it's all about quality. So focus on getting those top-notch links from reputable sites in your niche, and watch your SEO game skyrocket! ;)

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I would just focus on making good content, because getting homemade backlinks is gaming the system. The search engines don't like that. Well, the motto "If you build something awesome, they (the backlinks) will come." would fit. That's just my opinion. :)

Agree with @Cedric .... There are not any limitation, number of backlinks shows your popularity, branding and help in ranking .... If you are getting backlinks naturally then its very good but if you are trying to get backlinks by any ways then you should think twice because few links from bad neighbourhood site or link farma can drop site reputation and ranking.

I normally cut it off at about 10…. But that’s my personal opinion as if you have heaps it can become unattractive and an eye sore.

But it really depends how you display them if I’m being true fully honest

It's probably not about the amount, but the quality. Of course, the search engines really want links that you don't make for yourself. It's because they want to see real popularity and quality. They figure that a link someone gives you that you didn't ask for is way superior than some situation you're trying to game.

In the end, it all boils down to the fact that quality content that attracts links is what you want.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor