Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Hiring Vs. Doing It Yourself

Nomad

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
I have hired designers from Fiverr. Then I learned Photoshop and started doing it myself. These days I use drag-and-drop tools such as Canva to design graphics. I also sometimes use logo/graphic generation tools. Do you design yourself or hire a graphic designer? With the existence of graphic generation tools and drag-and-drop tools, do you still think you need a graphic designer?

As someone who literally works for a design agency, I can say there are definitely times that you want an actual designer involved to design something. For hobbyist sites, perhaps not so much.

In the case of logos, I've found success outsourcing when I run into trouble coming up with a creative solution, so yeah even though I am a designer, I do sometimes go to someone else, to at the very least get their creative input and just have someone else's perspective on it.

That being said, most things I do prefer to do myself at all possible. When it comes to branding sometimes it's just nice for multiple designers throwing their ideas in the ring and then coming up with something from there - which is why I advocate businesses to get a cheap package on 99designs. Most of the time you will not find what you're looking for, but you will be given a lot of ideas you can use towards creating what you want. It all helps. :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor