Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire summer through August, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Getting a new job!! (Hopefully)

JewishPoptart89

Loyal member
Credits
Hey guys! I hope you're doing well tonight! Here's a little story and maybe a little motivation for you!

Recently I got fired from Walmart, sadly due to attendance. It's my fault and I have nothing but good things to say about my management team, co-workers, and the company in general. (Most people hate Walmart, but why complain. It'll only make things worse for you.)

While I'm out of work, I've been talking with one of my high school teachers. He's pretty knowledgeable about business. He does a lot with the organization FBLA and I've been to the national competitions in California with him. Long story short, we are pretty close. I look up to him a lot. He talks with a lot of local businesses so he has a couple connections. Lucky me!

He emailed a company that does a lot of distribution for fruits and vegetables. He even went as far as to set up an interview for me. We were both expecting me to get a job working in the warehouse. However, that was not the case.

Interview time comes around and I get a call from the guy running the interview. 3 questions into the interview I started getting super confused about what the hell he is interviewing me for. The first question was something like, what's your experience with MacOS, Windows, and Linux. I begin to tell him because I'm pretty knowledgeable in each operating systems. But what the hell does that have to do with lifting boxes and pulling them out of trucks and reloading trucks? Well, after a couple more questions I started to understand.

This is not an interview for a warehouse job. Nope! This is an interview for one of the two IT jobs at this location. I've made small businesses for local computer and phone repair around and my dream career is to be a network administrator or project lead for an IT team.

I'm now super pumped! I guess I was able to fumble around the interview even with being overjoyed and confused about the job. I now have my second and last interview Thursday at 3:00 PM Central time. (Wish me good luck!!)

Moral of the story? Always have your LinkedIn page up to date with your latest jobs and experience. I think the HR lady found my page and quickly transferred my interview process to the main IT guy for the majority of the company.

He gave me a little hint in what the first task in the interview will be. Taking apart and putting back together a Motorola MC9090-G (Or a similar model). I've worked with these machines at Walmart so I feel like I know a decent amount about them. (@Cameron can tell you all about them :p)

I'm pretty confident that I'll get the job because when we were in the interview he asked me, "What does your career look like in 5 years?" I told him "In five years I plan on graduating a tech school (The same one he did) for a Network Administrator/Systems Admin degree and working down in Atlanta Georgia." He laughed and said it was super specific, which it is pretty specific to already know the company you want to work for and at which location. He then began to tell me he's in the process of hiring a Networking Administrator and that the company is expanding at rapid growth and that he will definitely be hiring more Network Administrators in the next few years.

Anywho, thanks for reading this, I'm just overjoyed and had to say something about it! For me, this is a big step in my career. I know a lot of you are older and settled in and I hope you've found what truly makes you happy in life. However, I'm just in the beginning of my life. I'm 18, still in high school for my senior year while attending college and already finding a company that's willing to take the risk on me.

Advertisement Placeholder
I hope you get the job, James. That should definitely be better than retail hell. :p

Recently I got fired from Walmart, sadly due to attendance.

Had you been there more than six months?

Moral of the story? Always have your LinkedIn page up to date with your latest jobs and experience.

You should connect with me on LinkedIn.

Taking apart and putting back together a Motorola MC9090-G (Or a similar model). I've worked with these machines at Walmart so I feel like I know a decent amount about them. (@Cameron can tell you all about them :yum:)

I believe we call those Telzons, and we've upgraded away from those for the most part. Now just about everyone uses a MC40 or a TC70. It's so much better.

I hope you get the job, James. That should definitely be better than retail hell. :yum:

Had you been there more than six months?

You should connect with me on LinkedIn.

I believe we call those Telzons, and we've upgraded away from those for the most part. Now just about everyone uses a MC40 or a TC70. It's so much better.
The 17th of this month would've been my year. I'll look you up now! Telxon scanners are pretty awful....

Last edited:
Congrats on the new job! I agree with the LinkedIn part, I always make sure to add to and edit my profile, you never know who's browsing it. I'm currently working at Tesco Mobile but I have a job lined up for the end of university working with a web design/development team who developed sites and apps such as Amazon, NHS and Nikon. Looking forward to that already and it's still half a year away!

Anyway, good luck with the job and I hope you enjoy it pal.

Congrats on the new job! I agree with the LinkedIn part, I always make sure to add to and edit my profile, you never know who's browsing it. I'm currently working at Tesco Mobile but I have a job lined up for the end of university working with a web design/development team who developed sites and apps such as Amazon, NHS and Nikon. Looking forward to that already and it's still half a year away!

That sounds like an exciting job too, good luck :)

That's a sweet job! You'll have to let us know the experience!

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 77.4%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds