Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

🔗 Link Building Forum backlinks or Blog backlinks?

Strategies for creating inbound links.

Ja sa bong

Credits
Backlinks are very important to your forum getting more page authority. It's important to stress that high quality backlinks are better than having thousands of low quality backlinks.

Between having more Forum backlinks or Blog backlinks which one do you think does better job for your forum?

Blog backlinks are *likely* (but by no means certain) to be better reputationally; it's easier to build authority with blog posts than straight-up user generated content like forums.

You do realize one can have well more than a "forum" backlink available (especially on Google) than a simple blog or forum link.
Some scripts are not limited to a blog or forum structure.
I'm getting some VERY decent search results based upon simple AMS articles (a 3rd party extension) on my XenForo site, as well as the Classifieds and the Link Directory extensions. We won't even talk about the Reviews extension I have, since I'm pretty much the only one currently adding data to it (and slowly due to the cost of the "toys" involved).
If one is willing to expend some funds, one can easily extend a forum (especially the paid ones) to WELL more than a simple forum, and when compared to a blog that tries to add a free forum to it, it can actually do better. You see, many of the major paid scripts now have a direct link between WordPress (the major blog used by most) and their script.
Don't limit yourself to an "either/or" position.
One nice thing.. from my recent research, the search on my domain (and site name) using Astro What and AstroWhat in multiple search engines (Bing/Google/DuckDuckGo/Baidu) put my site near the top... Using the search terms in several of my articles also do similar.
Considering I only have 24 users on my forum and less than 10K threads and I've been active less than a year, I'm pretty happy.

Last edited:
I don't think it really matters whether you have a blog, forum or static website backlink. The important think is the authority of whatever you got.

Backlinks are the lifeblood of online authority, no doubt. Quality over quantity is the golden rule – a handful of high-quality backlinks can do wonders. As for forums vs. blogs, it's a tight race. Forums create a community vibe, while blogs can offer in-depth content. Why not embrace both? Diversity is key! By the way, exploring different kinds of websites can give you valuable insights. Check out Crowdo's blog on the kinds of websites for some cool perspectives!

Last edited:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor