Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Favorite part about creating a forum/website (1 Viewer)

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
What is your favorite part about creating a project, whether it be a forum or perhaps a website? Do you enjoy the process of the beginning, enjoy having to have the creative juices going, or perhaps it's the end result that you enjoy the most... What is it for you?

Advertisement Placeholder
Creating the layout and doing all the bits and pieces I want to do to spruce up the site with coding is what I think I like the most. You essentially create your own vision and that's pretty fun to do!

My favorite part of creating a forum is the beginning, setting up the forum, planning out the layout of the community and finding the perfect theme for the community. It's fun to set everything up, and then opening the doors to a brand new community. Then seeing it become a fun place to talk with like minded people.

I LOVE organizing things, so figuring out how I want things to flow around the forum can be really exciting for me. For my newest project, my co-owner and I started a JAM board on Google and hashed out ideas there first before the forum was even started. From there, he got the basic forum created, and we moved our ideas to Slack to do some more discussions. Now we use GitHub when we need to have issues taken care of, or new ideas implemented (as our communication hub).

I also love coming up with new events. I really think that's kind of my thing. I come up with some ideas and then almost immediately think of a logo I'd like to design. All that creativity makes me happy.

I'd have to say that the graphics and setting up topic sections is equally fun. I can't really say what I enjoy the most. Also, driving traffic to it is fun.

Building the bits that few have done before, the sparkles that give it its own identity.

Personally...I simply like "futzing" around with the scripts and discovering how to do stuff in them. I've somewhat gotten into modifying the styles... but have no desire to start doing full styles as I'd rather spend my time doing other things - which area also computer/graphics related.

At this point it is the designing/theming part. When my creative side is going, I have a-lot of fun making themes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 16 76.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest