Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Ever abandoned your website because of failure to optimize SEO? (1 Viewer)

Henrywrites

Service Team
Service Team
Credits
Building links, creating contents and reaching out to new members can be a difficult thing to do. However, these steps will help you set your website up for SEO rankings. Have you ever abandoned your website because all you did to rank it failed?

Advertisement Placeholder
I had at least two sites in the employment niche around 2011. They made decent money considering the circumstances. However, though, I suppose I gave up on them as SEO got tougher. I sort of regret it now, though.

I understand the frustration that comes with pouring time and energy into a website, only to see SEO efforts not bearing the desired fruit. I've been there and know several webmasters who've felt like abandoning their projects due to similar challenges.One strategy that I've found to be quite effective is "crowd marketing". If you haven't delved into it yet, this kind of marketing involves promoting your brand or product subtly in discussions on forums, blogs, and other communities. It's not just about dropping links, but more about becoming a part of relevant discussions and naturally introducing your website or service.

Last edited:
Not giving up, it's the work involved. Takes days, weeks, months to years. Burn yourself out and so many times I have burnt myself out to the point for what?

I haven't given up on a site due to SEO, in fact I think I'm doing much better in that regard as of late with my current community. I'm actually taking the time to better understand good SEO practices, and hopefully soon my website will be the first one to appear when you search for "TheeZone" because right now it's number three on the front page of Google.

No, but I did abandon the current one because I got "pissed" off because I couldn't figure out how to get my equipment to work so I set it aside (as well as the site related to it). Once I finally figured my "stuff" out.... I started the current primary site back up. Of course, it was started for MY benefit... and if others get use out of it.. great. SEO wise... not doing to bad on several niche specific articles.. pulling in hits from most major search engines.. and even resulting in a few sign-ups (albeit not participation on the site yet but all the data is available to guests so no need to sign in to see it).

My website once felt like a treasure chest hidden deep within the digital ocean. Yet, its invisibility in search results turned it into a lonely island. The SEO siren's song remained unanswered, and alas, my website was abandoned to drift in the sea of unoptimized content. But fear not, for this tale serves as a cautionary beacon to all who venture forth into the realm of websites and search engine optimization! 🌊🏴‍☠️
The conclusion is that you can't do without crowd marketing in website promotion.

I have seen the opposite. I have seen clients destroy their community by obsessing about SEO to the detriment of literally anything else.

I was a on a Zoom call last week and we spent 30 minutes talking about how, as they put it, "the H1 tag needs to be formatted differently." And it's like maybe they are right, maybe they are wrong, but either way the format of your H1 tag is not going to make a fundamental difference to your community's success.

Not really because I have not created my own website yet, but I am interested in reading the comments on this post that you have created since I am sure it will have comments that can give me a lot of information that will help me in the future when I finally open my own site. Web

I've had a few that I've had in the past which I abandoned. It was less about poor SEO and more that the market wasn't there (which I thought it was), and it didn't take off quite as expected. It better sometimes to cut your losses instead of wasting time and money on something that isn't working, and doesn't look like it will improve.

SEO is something that should not kill your site, I mean I had bad if not no SEO setup and yet it's all been word of mouth really :) failure to optimize SEO is bad, doesn't help if you have not gotten it worked on. No idea why people do not do SEO....

I have a lot of websites that do not even appear on the 10th page, but I am still running these sites. SEO is not the only method to build traffic and revenue. Therefore, I don't abandon site just because they are not ranked high.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 16 76.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest