Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you shut your computer off?

I shut off my laptop when I'm not using it. I don't do that with my desktop at work. I just leave it running. I do occasionally shut it down on the weekends.

I'm sure there are various servers with shorter uptimes than my desktop, which I know is not ideal but a), I am a creature of convenience (selectively anyway), b) the wear and tear is negligible for me, and c) likewise I find the cost of sleep mode intangible.

My gaming PC takes way too long to boot up so I normally leave it running (with my game open so I can just turn on the monitor and go). I often come back to messages on steam asking to play games etc - awks

My gaming PC takes way too long to boot up so I normally leave it running (with my game open so I can just turn on the monitor and go). I often come back to messages on steam asking to play games etc - awks
Should be fast unless you running older hardware and older OS?

I leave mine on for months. I just disconnect it from internet when not in use due to limited bandwidth.
I apply updates and 99% of the time a reboot is not needed. (Linux system)

I leave mine on for months. I just disconnect it from internet when not in use due to limited bandwidth.
I apply updates and 99% of the time a reboot is not needed. (Linux system)
You mean slow connections or you mean the amount of data you can download is not unlimited?

You mean slow connections or you mean the amount of data you can download is not unlimited?
My connection is pretty fast(faster than home services) but I am using my cell's hotspot (and the hotspot data is limited) due to there is no reliable home service around (country side)

My connection is pretty fast(faster than home services) but I am using my cell's hotspot (and the hotspot data is limited) due to there is no reliable home service around (country side)
That sounds frustrating with it being limited!

I don't usually shut my PC down. I put it in sleep mode when I'm done using it for the day and it will get shut down for updates or if I'm going to be traveling with it.

Yes, I shut my PC off every night before going to bed.
The only time I don't is if it is updating.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest