Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you shut your computer off?

Reverie

Mythical member
Retired Staff
Credits
Do you shut off your computer at the end of the day? Do you shut it off even more frequently than that? I know sometimes I just walk away and I forget that I had left it on, so it does typically go into sleep mode fortunately.

I generally shut it down at the end of the day or if I will be traveling with it. Throughout the day is just gets its screen locked and may or may not fall asleep.

I typically only reboot for Windows updates. Rest of the time, shut the lid, come back where I was the next day.

I always shut down my computer whenever I'm done using it. I was always told to shut down the computer at my grandma's house whenever I was done using it as a kid, so it's stuck with me. xD

I tend to shut down my PC
Keeps my room cooler especially during summer. Even if it's idle, it tends to kick out a little bit of heat

When it comes to my PC, I tend to turn it on first thing when I wake up and then go and do the things I need to do before I jump on my PC. During this time is may go into sleep mode depending on how much I have to do before getting on the PC.

At the end of the day, I always turn my PC off and shut it down fully before I head to bed.

I've got my laptop set so when I shut the lid it hibernates. I only ever do a complete shut down if I'm going to be traveling with it.

Not really, I usually leave my desktop and laptop on 24/7. The brightness from both overnight might be why I don't sleep great :sleep:

My Laptop is on more so than my gaming Desktop. And Yes I do shut them down when I'm not using it. Why keep it running when you are not using it?

Saves power, Saves money and gives your hardware a nice break and cool down :) I only have my Desktop on when I need it, other times I use my laptop for very day needs.

My desktop doesn't shut down, this is because I have a hard drive I can access from remote locations if I need anything. Usually, I logo files that I am designing for a client. or my movie collection I can access other places. My next home project is a NAS so I can turn off my desktop. As for my laptop, it will go into sleep mode when not being used.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor