Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Do you always have to have the latest phone?

Advertisement Placeholder
I just get a new phone if/when mine stops working. I generally don't mind having older tech.

I upgrade at the end of my contract, not every time a new handset is released.

I have just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max which will do me for the next two years.

I have a 2021 Oppo but I paid about $350NZD for it instead of the price an iPhone, Samsung etc is. So it's one of the cheaper new models but it works perfectly fine for what I need it for.

I used to, but as I've gotten older, that pressing need to always have the latest tech has gone. Saying that, I do have the iPhone 14 Pro Max at the moment, but only because I had the 11 Pro Max for 3 years and it was cracked, slow, battery was rubbish and it kept running out of storage! I bought this phone outright too, so I won't feel restricted about when or if I need to upgrade. Although...we will see what the 15 is like...:ROFLMAO:

I upgrade at the end of my contract, not every time a new handset is released.

I have just got an iPhone 14 Pro Max which will do me for the next two years.
Enjoy your new phone.
---
I have been using an iPhone 8 Plus for years. The phone works perfectly fine and I see no reason to get a newer version. It would be a waste of money.

I try to keep my phones for several years if they will last that long. It is getting increasingly difficult to do so thanks to planned obsolescence.

I don't always need to have the latest phone, no. I currently have the Huawei P30 that I got my daughter for Christmas in 2020 and she used it for a year before moving back to iPhone in 2021. I took her phone and I have been using that same phone ever since without any issues at all and it still updates to the latest version of Android. I usually only upgrade my phone if I know that apps and such will no longer run on my phone because it has become outdated.

No, I don't always have the latest phone.
I don't see the point in buying the latest phone when phones that came out a few years earlier are still up to date.

Oh, I see. I've went 2-3 years without needing a new cell phone. I've had them either break on me, or sometimes they do get lost.

I lost one of my smartphone just 3 months after buying it. I couldn't get over the pains in weeks because I haven't enjoyed the phone at all before losing it. It was iPhone XS max 256 GB.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 75.0%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds