Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Did you ever get scammed? (1 Viewer)

ClicketyKat

Reputable member
Website
craftercraze.com
Credits
Did you ever sign up on a supposed money making site and then get scammed? What happened? How much money were you supposed to make off them? Do they still exist?

Advertisement Placeholder
I got scammed at Flippa over a website. I suspect a gang of scammers were making something seem valuable to fool ànf trap people. Anyway, there was no refund as the scam isn't proveable.

I got scammed at Flippa over a website. I suspect a gang of scammers were making something seem valuable to fool ànf trap people. Anyway, there was no refund as the scam isn't proveable.

That's awful!! I can see people grouping together because it makes things more believable to others. I guess having lived through that it makes you more cautious now in the future?

I've been scammed on a few forums, I will work hard only for me not to be paid for my efforts. That is why I find it hard to just register on any forum.

If you are a good online earner there is no way which you will tell me that you have not been scam before online people get scam and I have to say that I have fall victim to some scam website but now I have learn my lesson

I have been scammed multiple times. The companies that scammed me are vanished form the internet.,

If you are a successful online earner, there is no way that you could deny that you have been a victim of fraud. I must admit that I was a victim of some fraudulent websites, but I have since learned my lesson.

In case you're a good online worker there's no way which you'll let me know merely have not been trick some time recently online individuals get trick and I got to say that I have drop casualty to a few trick site but presently I have learn my lesson

If you're a good online worker, there's no way that you'll tell me that you've never been tricked. Recently, online users have been tricked, and I have to admit that I have fallen victim to a few trick sites, but I have since learned my lesson.

I have myself been scammed a few times doing freelance work on the internet and I usually find that it's by people who tend to create a lot of websites or forums and then tend to just up and leave after a while and give up on the project they were working on. I have luckily got more sus to people like that and I am a little more cautious now when I work with people as to not get scammed. There is nothing worse than putting a lot of work into something to then not receive the payment you were expecting, especially when in some cases, it's your only other source of income.

If you're a good online worker, there's no way that you'll tell me that you've never been tricked. Recently, online users have been tricked, and I have to admit that I have fallen victim to a few trick sites, but I have since learned my lesson.

I have been an online marketer and I have to say that I have never fallen to such cheap tricks. One thing is understanding how those people operate.

Not by using a site to sell services or products, but by a freelance deal with a forum owner where he paid me in PayPal funds beforehand and got his money back by doing a PayPal chargeback at the time, which is something I knew nothing about at the time.

It was one of the worst money scandals the roleplay world had seen. The short version of the story (going from memory since it happened about ten years ago). I never gave money to this site, btw.
  • A very large site that basically had the system of "pitch your roleplay idea to the site admins, if we like it, we'll give you a category where you can make your own mini RP area in said category), all free to do until the site decided to move to a not-free server (it started on Zetaboards if I remember right and moved to IPB if I remember right)
  • Site started to struggle to get regular donations despite have HUNDREDS of members - there was also the 'dark history' where members were literally recruited to mass-spam ALL roleplay sites they could find by joining as a new member and then carbon copy/paste as many of said site members as possible basically saying "Hey, this is a cool site, but this one is better, join this one instead" and they'd leave the link to this specific site (so they started getting a shitty reputation in that regard in the roleplay world)
  • Well, things started breaking apart at the seams. Regular members started noticing there was an uptick in donations, which was fine, but the admins constantly acted like "oh shit we are about to shut down because we can't make the minimum payments"
  • The shorter version of this story - some members started digging around and noticed that there was clear evidence they had to be pocketing some of the money for their own banks (rather than going solely to the site) and when we asked about this, the admins got VERY defensive and VERY angry, some members ventured off site and asked about the whole situation and a lot of people were like "That's very sus, clearly someone is pocketing something" and the admins of this specific site started to go on a massive banning streak on anyone who dared breathed "hey, what's going on?" with the site donations
  • This chased off the remaining members away. Some site admins got fed up and abandoned ship as well. Eventually it was down to only 2 of the original admins. This created a "schism" within the site. The original original admin started threatening LEGAL ACTION against people who questioned where the money was going (something along the lines of defamation if I remember right) even if they were asking about it off site with people who had zero ties to the website
  • I don't remember the site name frankly so I can't check if it's still offline but I stopped checking the chatbox years ago cause I frankly forgot about all this drama until this thread basically pinged the nightmare back to the front of my brain
So yeah, lots of people probably lost potentially (grossing the money, not individual small donations) hundreds if not thousands of dollars to a dude pocketing majority of what the original site owner claimed "oh yeah it's for maintence of the site and the servers and everything"....which was clearly bullshit.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 16 76.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest