Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Cannot modify wordpress database, cannot login (1 Viewer)

timewo

Credits
For some of my wordpress blogs, I find that I cannot login and cannot modify the database using phpmyadmin. What could be the reason for the sudden change, I have not changed any settings.

For some of my wordpress blogs, I find that I cannot login and cannot modify the database using phpmyadmin. What could be the reason for the sudden change, I have not changed any settings.
That sounds quite odd. I wonder… here is something that might randomly work - try clearing your cache? I don’t know if it really would do any difference though.

Advertisement Placeholder
I would open a ticket with your host and inquire if they have been doing any updating of server side software recently. I would also check all the access logs etc to see if you see anything that jumps out.

As a rule of thumb you never want to use the same username/password combination for your site (wordpress) logins and your server side service logins. Are those by chance the same?

Reason I ask is if they are not the same your logging into wordpress should not be tied to your inability to modify the db via phpmyadmin... Unless I am not understanding exactly what you're trying to say.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 16 76.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest