Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Collectables Discussion & Showoff

Strength

*Pika* *Pika*
Credits
So what does everyone like to collect? Feel free to also show off your collection.

I’ll go first! Me and my daughter like to collect lots of things but our favorites are trading cards (Metazoo, Pokemon, Magic, etc) and anime.

I collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I have thousands of them. I have a binder for my sentimental collection and high-end cards.

I like buying statuettes and semi-collect them. I'd buy tons more if I had the money and the room to put them places.

I collect Yu-Gi-Oh cards, I have thousands of them. I have a binder for my sentimental collection and high-end cards.

I like buying statuettes and semi-collect them. I'd buy tons more if I had the money and the room to put them places.
We did a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh during the card boom and I picked up most of the God boxes from China. Now it’s so cheap it’s tempting to get back into it.

We did a bit of Yu-Gi-Oh during the card boom and I picked up most of the God boxes from China. Now it’s so cheap it’s tempting to get back into it.
Yu-Gi-Oh got cheaper? I thought it got more expensive. Though, I don't build competitive decks, only ones for casual play.

It depends on what you’re doing and what you want. The old stuff is still pretty expensive but most modern is so cheap at this point. You can get booster boxes for $40-$50 most of the time. The exception would be the mini sets like Maximum Gold and Ghosts from the Past.

I wish I still had my Pokemon cards collection that I gave to a nephew. 😔😭

It depends on what you’re doing and what you want. The old stuff is still pretty expensive but most modern is so cheap at this point. You can get booster boxes for $40-$50 most of the time. The exception would be the mini sets like Maximum Gold and Ghosts from the Past.
All I know is the MSRP for booster packs went from $3.99 to $4.49. You'd think because of this, booster box prices would rise as well.

I'M SO EXCITED. I'm starting my collection of book stuff. <3 I have been buying series by these certain authors. I want all their books and to display them on a book case. I have bought one set of their books and I just preordered a pretty set of another one of their series!

These are two funko pops of the main characters in one of my favorite series from the authors I love. They are custom made and I also had to preorder these... legit like 150 bucks for them xD BUT I LOVE THEM.

DD301B13-7C72-4673-A948-21F409AA55A2.jpeg

This is going to get super expensive lol.

We probably have hundreds of Funko Pops around the house, my mom and dad are in love with them.
I have a few funko pops around the house now as well - my husband convinced me to buy them xD They were fortunately only up to like 30 dollars each though, mostly much less. These two pictured above were custom made so they were like 80 a piece I think.

What theme of funko pops do your parents like the most, or is it an array of different things?

I used to collect the old Charlie's Angels cards from the 70s!! I still have some but they aren't worth much.

Nowadays I would say that I collect Christmas ornaments. Whenever we go to anyplace new, I always ask if they sell Christmas ornaments because when we put up the tree, all our memories go on it.

I love Christmas ornaments @ClicketyKat during our honeymoon we stopped at several places and got some to hang up. Maybe we'll make it an annual thing! Your post reminded me I also collect magnets for the fridge anytime I go somewhere out of town-ish. :) Mainly only do it on the big trips, but I'm trying to get one for every small trip now too!

For my dad, it's got to primarily be Star Wars and superheroes. For my mom, definitely Harry Potter.
Awesome! Those are definitely some easier ones to find too! I considered some Harry Potter ones myself, I think I ended up with one afterall... I know I have a few DC ones as well. I got some of the minis and I don't remember which ones they were!

I love Christmas ornaments @ClicketyKat during our honeymoon we stopped at several places and got some to hang up. Maybe we'll make it an annual thing! Your post reminded me I also collect magnets for the fridge anytime I go somewhere out of town-ish. :) Mainly only do it on the big trips, but I'm trying to get one for every small trip now too!

Awesome! Those are definitely some easier ones to find too! I considered some Harry Potter ones myself, I think I ended up with one afterall... I know I have a few DC ones as well. I got some of the minis and I don't remember which ones they were!

You'd be surprised how many summer spots sell Christmas ornaments!! I try not to get the glass ones and sometimes I'll buy a keychain and turn it into an ornament because it's cheaper.

Some of the ornaments are:
a tiny canoe from a family canoe trip
a crab when we visted Maryland and it's painted like Santa Claws
a mini Carnival cruise ship
a tiny liberty bell from Philadelphia
a "bean" keychain turned into an ornament (the bean in Chicago)
a little Starbucks coffee mug

sooo many more to list.

You'd be surprised how many summer spots sell Christmas ornaments!! I try not to get the glass ones and sometimes I'll buy a keychain and turn it into an ornament because it's cheaper.

Some of the ornaments are:
a tiny canoe from a family canoe trip
a crab when we visted Maryland and it's painted like Santa Claws
a mini Carnival cruise ship
a tiny liberty bell from Philadelphia
a "bean" keychain turned into an ornament (the bean in Chicago)
a little Starbucks coffee mug

sooo many more to list.
Keychains are a good idea and easy to turn into ornaments! I love that idea. :) There was a place in Tennessee that I bet sells Christmas ornaments all year round, but I would be surprised to find many more stores similar to that, but getting the keychain would be so easier to do!

Aww the crab painted like santa claws and the liberty bell sound really cute, they all sound so wonderful though!

Keychains are a good idea and easy to turn into ornaments! I love that idea. :) There was a place in Tennessee that I bet sells Christmas ornaments all year round, but I would be surprised to find many more stores similar to that, but getting the keychain would be so easier to do!

Aww the crab painted like santa claws and the liberty bell sound really cute, they all sound so wonderful though!

Don't forget to look at tiny kid toys! We got a Monet finger puppet in the kids section from the Art Institute in Chicago that we turned into an ornament and it means more to us than if we had bought an ornament that looked like the building. Of course, we also got a lion keychain on another visit because the lions our front are special :)

Don't forget to look at tiny kid toys! We got a Monet finger puppet in the kids section from the Art Institute in Chicago that we turned into an ornament and it means more to us than if we had bought an ornament that looked like the building. Of course, we also got a lion keychain on another visit because the lions our front are special :)
Man... I'm going to be collecting so many things now xD Thank you for the wonderful ideas! I can see how the Monet finger puppet would mean more too!! That's so cute.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor